March 7, 2012

I Am Number Four

So this movie came out a year ago, so I'm a little late to the bandwagon but.... I'm totally digging it! I had no idea what to expect going into this movie. Someone once told me it was good. I only knew of it as the movie Dianna Agron from Glee was in. Apparently it's about aliens! Well let me tell you something, this movie had all the makings of a Marissa must see.

1. Action (with aliens!)
2. A dog
3. A love story

I would say the only thing it was slightly lacking in was the humor department, but hey! a movie can't have it all (except Transformers 1). Anywho, lemme give you a brief plot line. Think Percy Jackson and the Olympians meets aliens meets something else. An alien race was in jeopardy so nine "legacies" escaped the planet and landed on Earth. They have fancy powers. They are named by numbers. How very personal. Anywho, there are evil aliens trying to kill the legacies in order from 1 through 9. This movie is centered around number four. (go figure) So yea, that's the plot in a nut shell. What I didn't expect was for this movie to be part of a series. That would have been number four on my list 4. Sequels! Boy do I love sets of movies. And it's based off books. 5. I can go read the books! Seriously, I'm going to go find the books. Oh and 6. They are probably aiming for teenagers as the audience. This usually means it's going to be good and enjoyable in my book.

So all in all, I'm sold. I'm probably gonna read the books to see if they are any good. This movie did a good job at getting me excited for future movies. Good for you movie. Good for you.

2 comments:

  1. shucks, only two of the books are out. they clearly made the movie too quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. should i be embarrassed to enjoy "young adult science fiction" so much?

    ReplyDelete