September 17, 2011

Community: Season 2


Yeah, so this might be my favorite show on network TV. I've been watching the second season (for a second time) with Marissa, and we've both agreed that there simply isn't a bad episode in the entire season. Not one dud. Twenty-four for twenty-four. That's impressive for any show, but for one like Community, which has no consistent tone and takes some pretty big "risks" almost every other week, it's just an incredible feat. Whether the study group is re-enacting an old Western with paintballs, surviving a zombie apocalypse, or reminiscing over memories from adventures we the audience had never seen, Community is always entertaining. But a lot of shows are funny. What sets Community apart is that it's very capable of being touching. And not in a traditional "family sitcom" type of way, like a Full House or Brady Bunch, but in a very quirky (yet inarguable) way. That claymation Christmas episode? Perfect. I'm not ashamed to say that it... touched me. Twice now. And in the weirdest and funniest of ways, of course. Season 3 starts this week, and I couldn't be more excited. Here's hoping for six seasons and a movie!

2 comments:

  1. All I'm saying is that we should enjoy the season premier together dressed as our favorite cast members. I can be Fat Neil. Stan, I'm seeing Starburns.

    Marrissa can just be Pierce.

    ReplyDelete