July 15, 2011

Sons of Anarchy: Season 2


This second season of Hamlet With Motorcycles was just as intense and rewarding as the first one, if not more so. The majority of the thirteen-episode run focused on a growing rift between Jax and his uncle and stepfather Clay (not unlike the one between Hamlet and his uncle and stepfather Claudius in Hamlet Without Motorcycles) and a few other intra-club feuds that threatened to tear the Redwood Charter of the Sons of Anarchy apart once and for all. The acting and writing continue to impress me and I definitely want to catch up through the third season before the fourth one begins this fall on FX. All kidding aside, Hamlet With Motorcycles is little more than an interesting pitch, but Sons of Anarchy is so much more than that. Twenty-six episodes into the series, I've been moved, shocked, and above all, entertained countless times. The third season is apparently a very frustrating one, but as long as I go in with lowered expectations I'm sure I'll enjoy it just fine. In fact, fuck expectations altogether. They nearly ruined The Wire for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment