July 16, 2011

The Princess Bride


Oh damn, did I post the DVD image upside down? (Heh. Gotta love ambigrams.) Anyway, I've had this movie in my backlog for nearly a year and the book has been around for several more. The question of which to log first, the book or the movie, has been haunting me for months. But then I realized that if the book is better than the movie (as is always the case except with Lord of the Rings) and if the movie could give me a "quick look" at the setting and the characters, it behooved me (or "was woo of me") to go for the movie first and save the book for later. I liked it. It wasn't quite what I expected, which was more of a spoofy over-the-top comedy, but it was still an entertaining and enjoyable movie. And that doesn't surprise me since it was a Rob Reiner late '80s movie. I've said it before on Back-Blogged, but that dude was on fire in the late 1980s. Anyway, a decent flick all in all, and having seen it I'll now be more likely to jump into the book sooner instead of later. But not yet! Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment