February 1, 2010

Sweeney's Lists

Good point Stan- I've been updating this Blog without any indication as to when I'll be done. I'll keep this post to the point- I've compiled a list of all of the video games and books I need to finish (I don't have a DVD collection). Without further ado, here are the video games:

Halo 3 (360)
Halo 3: ODST (360)
Left 4 Dead 2 (360)
Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)
The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC)
Resident Evil 2 (GC)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (NDS)
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (NDS)
Pokemon Diamond (NDS)
Scribblenauts (NDS)
Rayman: TV Party (Wii)
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil (Wii)
Halo (XBox)

That's not so bad- many games seem pretty short, with the only notable exceptions being Wind Waker, Pokemon Diamond and Partners in Time. The only problem here is that I've been buying games as consistently as I've been beating them- I need to cease purchases and end this. I'll set myself a limit right now- until these 13 are done, I'll allow myself to purchase two more games. One of these will be Miles Edgeworth: Perfect Prosecutor in mid-February, and the other one can be whatever impulse buy I feel I need to make. Now onto the books. Plenty of these were purchased years ago and I'm not really interested in, but the point of this blog is to finish everything you own, no matter how little you want it. While Stan has a large pile of children's literature, I've also got a certain gimmick you'll notice about halfway down the list. And here it is:

Vonnegut- Cat's Cradle
McCarthy- The Road
Beckett- The Unnameable
King- Under the Dome
Laird- The Boomer Bible
Burroughs- Naked Lunch
Steinbeck- Cannery Row
Joyce- Ulysses
Leonard- 52 Pickup
Marrs- Rule By Secrecy
Shay- Achilles in Vietnam
Aristophanes- The Acharnians
Aristophanes- The Congresswomen
Aristophanes- The Frogs
Euripides- Alcestis
Euripides- The Heracleidae
Euripides- Hippolytus
Euripides- Electra
Euripides- The Phoenician Women
Euripides- The Bacchae
Aeschylus- The Eumenides
Aeschylus- The Suppliant Maidens
Aeschylus- The Persians
Aeschylus- Seven Against Thebes
Aeschylus- Prometheus Bound
Plautus and Terrence- Miles Gloriosus
Plautus and Terrence- Menaechmi
Plautus and Terrence- Bacchides
Plautus and Terrence- Hecyra
Plautus and Terrence- Adelphoe

That's right. In addition to a bunch of random contemporary novels, more than half of the reading I need to do is unread ancient tragedies and comedies. I took a few ancient lit classes back in college, and of course I ended up having to buy all sorts of books and read one story from each of them. Typical. Now I'm left with all of these extra books. Anyway, the ones I read were usually pretty good, so hopefully the ones I haven't aren't terrible either. At least they're for the most part short. Well, I guess I should go get started, now that I have a concrete goal.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I forgot you had the Boomer Bible. It's a huge undertaking, to be sure, but it is definitely among my five favorite books. Just put on your most pessimistic and sarcastic hat when you commence and don't be afraid to look shit up if you're struggling to understand some of the veiled references.

    ReplyDelete