February 17, 2010

Seinfeld: Season 3


Not long ago I completed Seinfeld's first DVD set and made a few statements about it. I just finished Season 3 and really don't have much else to say. For one thing, I finally saw an episode or two that I'd already seen in syndication. For another, I was impressed with the variety of plots employed in Season 3. One episode featured Jerry and Elaine visiting Jerry's parents in Florida; the episode had no George and no Kramer, but still managed to be one of my favorites of the season. Another episode took place entirely in a parking garage. Impressive, right? One thing I've started to grow a bit tired of is Jerry's stand-up routine. While it's nowhere nearly as prominent as it was in Season 1, it's still there more often than I'd like it to be. Every episode still begins and ends with Jerry making jokes about some of the material seen in the episode. I'm not sure if I'm growing tired of Jerry's act due to overexposure or just because the show itself is funnier than his act. I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt and guess the latter. At any rate, Season 3 was enjoyable and easily the best of the three I've seen so far. I look forward to Season 4, which is allegedly when the series hits its Golden Age.

No comments:

Post a Comment