August 25, 2019

Baskets: Season 4


It's weird - I never really loved Baskets and I'll sure as shit never rewatch it, but now that it's over - and not even over all too soon, after four seasons - I kind of feel like I'll miss it a little bit. Gah!

I mean, I won't. I won't miss this show because you can't miss any show when there are all kinds of TV shows you still haven't seen and even more you need to finish. But I will miss the general concept of something as weird and earnest as Baskets existing at all. I came for the Zach Galfianakis, but I stayed for Martha Kelly's put-upon monotone performance and Louie Anderson's whole bittersweet old lady gimmick and the show's weird overall fascination with Arby's and Costco and juggalos.

Eh. Well, so long you beautiful oddity.

No comments:

Post a Comment