August 1, 2019

Derry Girls: Season 1


The thing about six-episode seasons of television is it really shouldn't take me six months to finish them. I started Derry Girls way back at the beginning of the year based on some positive mentions in Best of 2018 lists. And you know, it was fine. Fine! Very specific. Very Nothern Irish, very '90s. Kind of poignant to see a show about a bunch of teenage girls at a Catholic school during the Troubles just, you know, living their lives, listening to Salt-N-Pepa and the Cranberries, dealing with all the regular bullshit kids deal with while car bombs are going off every few weeks.

Weirdly enough, the second season hits Netflix... tomorrow. And I had no idea that was the case when I finally got around to finishing up the first season tonight. No reason not to tune in, I guess! Let's see if I can finish Season 2 in one weekend instead of half a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment