May 8, 2014

Gladiator


 
When Danielle came home from Italy she immediately asked to watch Gladiator. Boy was I excited. It’s just such a good movie. Russel Crowe and Joaquin Phoenix are just so damn great in this movie. But we all know how goddamn good this movie is. It’s one of the most goosebump-inducing movies of all time and has arguably the best heroic speech of any movie of all time (although my personal favorite happens in Braveheart). On a side note, I hate when people say goose pimples or chicken skin. Thank god R.L. Stine doesn’t say that shit.  Anyway, this movie holds up and flies by despite being 2.5 hours long. My biggest problem with this is the transfer. For a Blu-ray, it looks like dogshit. Apparently Dreamworks offered a replacement with a better transfer of which I never took advantage so I’m stuck with this junk. I would like to rebuy it one day with a better transfer, but not today. It just blows my mind that a movie like this could look this bad. It looks worse than the DVD. Anyway, great movie. If you haven’t seen it you’re dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment