April 23, 2012

God of War: Origins Collection


After beating both games in a matter of four days spread out from December 26, 2011 to April 23, 2012, I can confirm that these games are brief (5 hours for Chains of Olympus and 6 for Ghost of Sparta). Both games were just as enjoyable as any other God of War game, with Ghost of Sparta separating itself from the first with some stuff that I hadn't previously experienced in the four other games (even though I beat 80% of this game today, I can't really put my finger on a concrete example). Killing was as satisfying as ever. The most satisfying killing technique was easily the Goldberg's Spear-inspired ground and pound. I can't remember if that was in both of these games or just Ghost of Sparta.

Anyway, if you've played any other God of War games, these games will be very familiar. That's not necessarily a bad thing. If you haven't played any other God of War games before, go out and play all five.

1 comment:

  1. I decided like three minutes ago that I was going to play this two-game "collection" next. Your positive review only makes me more excited for the games' intensity and brevity.

    ReplyDelete