April 11, 2018

Sneaky Pete: Season 2


Sneaky Pete is a show that came out of nowhere last year to scratch an itch left behind by some combination of Breaking Bad and Justified, which is to say that whether or not it was any good - and I do think it was good! - I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here in its second season... man. Not so much! It's amazing how badly this show misses having Bryan Cranston as the big bad guy, even though he was only maybe in, like, one scene per episode in the first season. It's also amazing how much more interested I was in Marius pretending to be Pete for an entire season instead of trying to prove he isn't Pete for, what, half of this season?

I'm ragging too hard. I still liked Sneaky Pete in its second season. This isn't a bad show! But it's also very much not such a good show without a fresh premise or a Bryan Cranston. Now, I'll probably be back fo a third season, but the very idea that I can't fully commit to it is pretty strongly indicative of just how much this show slipped between 2017 and 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment