April 4, 2018

Baskets: Season 3


Man, the second season of Baskets felt like the third or fourth, and not in a good way, but in a "this series feels interminable" way. I've never really loved this show, and right away from the very outset of the pilot I was only watching it out of respect for Zach Galifianakis and curiosity for Louie Anderson playing his mother.

So I'm happy to say that the third season of Baskets was my favorite yet. It feels like this is the same show it's always been - painfully and awkwardly off-center, a story about a disfunctional family full of broken people - but I could sense a warmth coming from it, this time around, that just hasn't been there for me in years past.

Make no mistake, this is still so far from the upper echelons of my TV rotation - I just think I finally found an actual reason to keep watching it beyond, "because I like Zach Galifianakis in other things he's done." I'll be back for Season 4, no question.

No comments:

Post a Comment