July 14, 2017

Castlevania: Season 1



The only Castlevania game I've played is Super Castlevania, and it's a true gem. That said, this show feels fairly different than the game (that game at least; I'm well aware the franchise's story has likely evolved over the years). Sure the villain is Dracula and you play as "a" Belmont who uses a whip and throwing knifes to fight off evil, but that's about all the connections I can make here.

This show wasn't bad, but I was let down by the fact that there were only four episodes in what they're calling a season. It's really just a "first act" and nothing more. It's a tease at best for what's to come. For what it's worth, it's a decent tease. I want to see more and do like the direction it's going in. It's not the best thing to hit TV, but it's not bad. However, I'll refrain from saying anymore out of respect that there's so little content to actually comment on. 

I'm hoping there's a Season 1 (Part II) to come out this year. The show really needs it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment