May 23, 2017

Jane the Virgin: Season 3


Another solid year for Jane the Virgin, which is just something I never thought I'd be typing in 2017 three years ago for a number of reasons. This season pulled a nice time jump after a big twist that seemed to reinvigorate the series a bit - it sort of felt like it'd begun to spin its wheels early on. Which isn't even a bad thing, a show settling into a nice, comfortable groove, but this one's always been at its best when it's a riff on telenovelas. For what it's worth, Jane has become the show with maybe the most "heart" on television. We're talking Friday Night Lights and Parks and Recreation levels of heart, here. I'm glad I started sticking around when Marissa was watching it a year and a half ago, and I imagine I'm on board until the end at this point. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment