May 5, 2017

Superstore: Season 2


I'll say this about Superstore. It's grown on me! The best network comedies always do. Make no mistake - this isn't Parks or the early Office or anything, but it's some sort of cousin once removed. It's still an NBC workplace sitcom after all. And like those shows, this one had a completely forgettable pilot, a first season that slowly improved, and then a much better second season. It's crept up my rankings slowly but surely throughout the year and I found myself very much hoping it'd been renewed for a third season by the time I watched the finale tonight. (And so often, I root against TV shows. So, wow!)

Like all good workplace sitcoms, this one's built up several endearing characters over its, I dunno, 35 or so episodes so far. And toward the end of the second season it was working on fleshing out a stable of background characters. Hoping for big things from Season 3! (More likely, more of the same. Which is fine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment