January 31, 2017

Swiss Army Man


No need for me to keep posting my silly old Letterboxd reviews - you guys get the point - but instead, damn, can we talk about A24 for a second?

I don't know much about the company beyond that it's an independent film distributor, but they're absolutely crushing it of late, and they seem to be responsible for ten or twenty movies I've loved in the past four years or so.

Spring Breakers
The Bling Ring
The Spectacular Now
Enemy
Under the Skin
Obvious Child
Ex Machina
Room
The Witch
Green Room
The Lobster

And now Swiss Army Man. Incredible! I've liked or loved all of those movies, with each of them pulling in a 7 out of 10 from me or better over on Letterboxd. (Also from A24? Tusk and Dark Places. They can't all be winners.)

Oh and perhaps you've heard of Moonlight? That's an A24 production as well. As are American Honey, 20th Century Women, Krisha, and like half a dozen upcoming releases I'm already excited for.

So, yeah. Good on you, A24!

No comments:

Post a Comment