July 4, 2013

City of God


I learned something interesting on my honeymoon: Netflix Streaming while in a British territory is vastly different (better!) and I was able to stream City of God. I had no idea what to expect when I started this movie with Danielle. She made it about 5 minutes, but I knew, after 5 minutes, that I could not turn away. Everything about this movie is engaging, from the cinematography to the dialogue and everything in between. This movie was close to perfect. It's tough to explain, but everyone should see this movie (and judging by our ranks for nothing votes, almost no one has).

2 comments:

  1. Just about everything in this film is brilliant. I agree that the cinematography and editing just sucks you in - some of the best and most inventive you'll ever see. Even though this really stands as a drama piece, it's pacing is that of an high-octane action film. You can (rightly) find this movie on most critic's must-see lists. If no one else has watched this guy yet, get on it.

    I haven't seen the sequel (City of Men) yet, but considering it's never received a lot of talk, nor does it have the same directors, I'm not rushing out to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I keep meaning to see City of Men, but nothing pulls me in. This movie was awesome though. It's like Slumdog meets The Wire, with Brazilian gangs. Wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete