August 7, 2012

Sons of Anarchy: Season 3


So Sons of Anarchy's third season seems to be a divisive one. Actually maybe more of a uniting one, as most people didn't like it at all. Not me! I really enjoyed it. As Stan mentioned in his post, perhaps it wasn't as frustrating when you have access to the entire season and can fly through it in a day- early on you know that the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club is going to Canada and Ireland, but just because it took a while to get there didn't mean I wasn't thoroughly entertained along the way. The kidnapping that occurred in the second season finale seemed a little out of nowhere and made me roll my eyes when I watched it, but it gave some direction to a show that often doesn't have much of it. Also it allowed the main character Jax to go completely berserk in his own special way. And while that story arc does finish up before the end of the season, a few loose threads are taken care of in the finale that topped the kidnapping storyline and provided probably the best season finale, possibly the best episode of the show so far. Stan's told me that season 4 builds off of this strong conclusion until a disappointing finale, so we'll see how that goes. Sons of Anarchy still doesn't seem to rank among the best shows on television to me, but it's still a very entertaining show unlike anything else out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment