August 11, 2012

Love the One You're With

Oh hey, look! a Marissa post! It's been a while. Woops. I bought Steve the Game of Thrones books for his birthday in May and for some odd reason he wouldn't let me read them before him. So I read this first! I have read a lot of Emily Griffin before. I have read the pastel yellow, blue, and pink  books she has written. I have not yet read the purple. I gotta get on that!

The green book I read here is about a girl. Fun! The girl's best friend is her roommate from college. She's super rich and from the South. And her brother is super nice and studying to be a lawyer. She totally marries him in true chick book fashion. But before him was that one guy. That guy that she can't forget about. It was a different sort of love and it didn't end well. So you know she hooks up with and marries her roommates brother and lives happily ever after in New York. That is until she sees that long lost love, remembers her forgotten dreams of photography, and is forced to pack up shop and move to the South with her hubby. Oh boy, this is a case of grass is always greener on the other side. Don't worry though. She eventually (after some minor cheating) realizes that the "one she's with" is the right life for her.

And that's that. Quick read. Not much substance. Boring book cover.

3 comments:

  1. Really digging how that discarded petal on the cover says, "a novel," as if there was some possibility that it was a nonfictional piece or perhaps a book of poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, define "minor cheating," and let me know if it's something you find ethically acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some smoochin'. Also a lot in the emotional cheating arena.

    ReplyDelete