March 12, 2011

The House Bunny

Sometimes Steve buys me awesome movies. This was one of them. I always saw this commercial and laughed every time she said "Good Morning Pooter!" to her cat. So Steve bought it for me. I had no idea what it was actually about. And you know what? It wasn't half bad. (In an entertaining sense) It was pretty funny! Anna Faris is a lively well liked Playboy Bunny whose life goal is being a centerfold. In an astonishing turn of events, Heff kicks her out of the mansion, and she is left homeless and clueless. She stumbled upon what she calls a miniature Playboy mansion which just turns out to be a sorority house. At 27, she's too old to be a sorority girl so she sets her sights high. She wants to be a house mom! Babysit the sorority girls. Well the snooty sorority won't take her, so she goes to the unloved sorority. With her help, she turns a group of misfit Lindsay Lohan looking girls. Comedy ensues! Someday, when you have nothing to do on a Saturday, you should check it out for yourself for a so-so stupidity caused humor.

2 comments:

  1. I napped through the first half of this movie, but I can vouch for it as well. It wasn't particularly great or anything, but then, does anything about it suggest or pretend that it would be? Anna Faris fired of gem after gem and really brought new life to the tired "dumb blonde" vein of comedy. Like Marissa says, it's worth checking out if you can find it streaming on Netflix or just playing on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this movie with Jill once. I laughed pretty damn hard. Especially when she makes one of the heaviest gravity jokes I have ever heard. Definitely worth watching.

    ReplyDelete