May 8, 2019

One Day at a Time: Season 3


So, Netflix canceled this show after three seasons. I could join the drumbeat of online clamoring for somebody to save the show and echo all the sentiment out there about how it's a unique family sitcom with such an emphasis on LGBTQ characters and Cuban-American characters and addiction and PTSD - and I probably should! - but viewers like me are kind of the exact reason this show got canceled in the first place; the third season came out in February, and instead of gobbling it up within a week like so many other shows on Netflix, I took my sweet time meandering through Season 3 and finished it somewhere in mid-April. I can't pretend to be all that upset it got canceled if I was letting virtually everything else in my queue take precedence, right?

That said, rumor has it CBS All Access wants to save the show by picking it up, but Netflix isn't letting them. If that's the case, I mean, come on. Bad, Netflix! Don't do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment