November 24, 2018

Patriot: Season 2


Man, I absolutely loved this show in 2017. It was so, so niche, and so specifically felt like a thing that appealed to me directly. (Read my glowing review here: https://back-blogged.blogspot.com/2017/11/patriot-season-1.html)

I knew Season 1 would be a tough act to follow, and I braced myself for something... lesser, in Season 2. Frankly I was just thrilled that such an obscure and unheralded show was getting a second season. That said, holy shit, Patriot was even better than I expected it would be in Season 2. Now, that doesn't mean it was as good as Season 1 - lightning so rarely strikes twice! - but for the first half of Season 2 I was just completely loving it. The wheels sadly started to come off around the penultimate episode and the whole thing ended with what felt like a bit of a whimper - just way too dark, even for this show, but with the tiniest trace of closure for the series, which is bittersweet, because man I'd love to see a third season of this thing, but I'm just not sure where they'd even take it.

Anyway, watch Patriot. It's an absolute blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment