June 18, 2018

Imposters: Season 2


And with this, the rise and fall of Imposters is complete. I began the first season on a complete whim, scrolling through my nearly endless "watchlist" on Netflix with my eyes closed until I stopped scrolling and pressed play on whatever came up. It was this scripted series from Bravo about a con-woman who seduces, marries, and then takes to the cleaners all sorts of men - and at least one woman! It barely felt worth watching, but the first season just kept growing on me, and by the time it ended, I realized, holy shit, I'm in on Season 2. And then Season 2 began a few months ago,  and I was into it, as it dug itself out of the various holes and meticulously scaled down the cliffs it'd been hanging from at the end of Season 1, and then just slowly but surely over the course of the season I grew less and less invested, and now I couldn't even tell you with any certainty how it all ended, only that it did. And hey - show's canceled! Thanks, Bravo, for pulling this particular plug for me. I'm sure I would have managed on my own, but who knows?

Anyway, you really don't need to watch this. It was better than it had any right to be, but it still wasn't very good. Only fine. And only for one season.

No comments:

Post a Comment