September 20, 2015

Banjo-Kazooie


Here's one I've been working on for a while now, intermittently. I never had an N64 back in the '90s, but at friends' houses I had plenty of opportunities to play all the multiplayer classics like Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., GoldenEye 007, and Perfect Dark. I also had many a chance to witness friends playing the one-player classics - though I never played them myself. I've taken steps to amend that over the years, and my latest N64 conquest was the much-beloved Banjo-Kazooie.

I don't have a ton to say about it, really. This was a solid early-3D platformer that ranks right up there with Super Mario 64 for me. Super Mario 64 was an objectively bigger game with more levels and enemies and things to do in general, but that's no knock on Banjo-Kazooie, which may have been a more endearing and memorable game. I'm looking forward to the sequel, but with 60 games left in my backlog I'm in no rush at this point.

Also, wow, this is the 2000th post to Back-Blogged. It's been a great six and a half years! I doubt we'll ever make it to 3000 posts, but that doesn't matter. I'm just impressed that this is still going semi-strong. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment