November 6, 2013

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes


Here's early October 's free Xbox Live Arcade game for Xbox Live Gold members. It's a grid-based turn-based strategy game with minimal RPG elements like leveling up, spells, and unit upgrading. It wasn't all that far off from something like Puzzle Quest, actually. It even took me thirty hours to beat. Fortunately, those thirty hours were largely spent on double-logging duties, with a laptop propped open playing either South Park or Parks and Recreation to keep me from utter boredom. I mean, I liked this game and all, but it was just so damn repetitious. I believe the original version came out on the Nintendo DS, and frankly, that's a perfect platform for this type of game; a portable "pick up and play" model just seems to work so much better for these sorts of games than a full console release. Having said all of this, I thought the game was a pleasant enough experience to merit finishing every side quest. So, while it took a while, I didn't mind elongating the experience by several hours for the sake of 100% completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment