January 1, 2018

The Crown: Season 2


Last one of the year! (Yes I know it's already 2018, shut up.) Actually, wasn't The Crown the first show I posted in 2017? No matter - this is an entertaining and incredibly easy-to-watch show about the early reign of Queen Elizabeth II that's just so much less boring than you can imagine. That doesn't mean it isn't stiff and rigid and everything - this is British royalty, after all - but the way it uses different episodes to focus on different aspects of the monarchy in the 1950s and '60s is impressive, and I'm always a sucker for a good historical drama. (Turns out I'm a sucker for a lot, I guess.) Anyway, give The Crown a shot if you haven't already. You might be surprised by what it is and what it isn't. (Then again, you might not be.)

No comments:

Post a Comment