September 28, 2017

The Guest Book: Season 1


I genuinely have no idea why I gritted my teeth all the way through this. It's not horrible, but it's exactly the kind of comedy I'd have expected from TBS like ten years ago - only marginally funny, and inconsistent at best. And the thing is, I could tell this is exactly what it would be by the middle of the first episode. I couldn't quite place my finger on what show it reminded of, but as soon as I made the Greg Garcia connection I knew, instantly - My Name Is Earl. Imagine My Name Is Earl without the centered, grounding presence of, well, Earl. Imagine if every episode followed a different main character but with the same array of supporting characters up to their same old weird bullshit week in and week out. There's no need for something like this to be eating away even five more hours of my life. Let's drop that load!

No comments:

Post a Comment