February 25, 2015

Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1: Season 1


Yeah, so in case you hadn't heard, Aqua Teen Hunger Force became Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 back in 2011. Nothing was any different about it at all. (Get it?) Actually, this DVD release also included the final seven episodes of the official run of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. In total, the package contained 17 episodes, each of which are just eleven minutes long. It was painless and easy to get through.

You might think that Aqua Teen makes for great background viewing; fire up the 3DS or browse the Internet on your laptop, and just let the show run in the background, right? Not really. These episodes were so chaotic and haphazard that they became impossible to follow, plot-wise, without full attention. Of course, that didn't matter whatsoever, since nobody watches this show or has ever watched this show for its plot.

I'd like to think that, eleven years and a hundred-plus episodes ago, this show wasn't terrible. I really enjoyed it as a 16-year-old. And also Family Guy, granted. What changed? Was it me, or was it the show? I absolutely think I could watch the first season again today and enjoy it - but I also don't doubt that if you'd shown 16-year-old me this DVD, he'd have enjoyed it, too.

I dunno. Does it matter? It doesn't matter. Maybe Aqua Teen never mattered. But it wasn't always so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment