April 28, 2014

Jaws


 
Everyone knows this movie. I have seen it a few times, but not in about fifteen years I would suspect. What I find refreshing (can a 40-year old movie be refreshing?) about this movie is how realistic it seems (a few things notwithstanding). It could have easily been another silly monster movie, but because of acting performances and Spielberg as a director, the end result maintains far more credibility than any monster movies we see today. Nothing about Jaws is over-the-top and I love it for that. I can’t really think of too many other “monster movies” that are done with such care. On a side note, I freaking love Quint’s speech about the USS Indianapolis. It looks super great on blu-ray as well.  Anyway, this is a great movie that I suggest checking out if you haven’t seen it in a while. It’s safe for you to go back in the water…

No comments:

Post a Comment