November 25, 2012

Kameo: Elements of Power

Here's the second installment from what is sure to be a long-running series in my backlog, "Games from Trev". This particular one is Kameo: Elements of Power and was one of the few XBox 360 launch titles I had any interest in (another launch title will be a future "Game from Trev"). It's made by Rare, who have given us classics like the Donkey Kong and Perfect Dark series, but they also made shit like Grabbed by the Ghoulies so I wasn't sure what to expect. Kameo was a little bit of a Zelda clone- a third person action/adventure style game where you play as an elf and go into places like the "Water Dungeon" and the "Ice Temple". The only real difference was that instead of acquiring items, you acquire the titular "Elements of Power", which are basically just different monsters protagonist Kameo can transform into and use their abilities- a dragon lets you shoot fire, the ice-man lets you walk on ice, shit like that. Look, I'm having a hard time writing this entry because Kameo was just not an inspired game. It's not a bad game by any stretch, but the best compliment I can give it is that it's consistently decent- I was never really frustrated, but I also never reached a point where I thought "this is a great game." Apparently plans for a sequel were scrapped, so I can now safely forget about this mostly forgettable game.

1 comment:

  1. This was the first game I owned on 360 and I remember it being fun but brief. In an interesting side note, I just unearthed my original Gamecube box to find Kameo on the back. Apparently, it was originally planned for the cube.

    ReplyDelete