May 13, 2012

The Wind Through the Keyhole

I knew this book was coming out but I didn't actually keep track of the date of it's release. I saw a review of it and found out that fellow loggers Sweeney and Trev had already began reading the book. I didn't want to read either post because I like to be surprised by a books content, so my obvious choice was to go read the book! I am in a middle of a few other books right now and have been logging at a snail's pace, but this book brought me back to me normal reading ways.

I was a big fan of the Dark Tower books, and I was a big fan of this book. I think it is a great addition to the series for those who have already read the series. It picks right up with Roland and the gang and I was happy to be reading about them again. The threat of the starkblast was a nice way to introduce us to some back story told by Roland. The story about Roland and his pal Jamie and the skin men was interesting. But the story that shined in this book was, as the title suggests, The Wind Through the Keyhole. I thought the story of Tim and his journey through the woods was thoroughly entertaining. Like seriously, what the hell was that thing beneath the bridge with the tentacles? And the throcken! I want one! They just seem like dogs, but even cooler somehow. 

All in all, it was great to be back in Mid World. I think King did a good job with this book. More of present Roland, more of past Roland, and more of Mid World lore. Now I guess I should go try to finish the less exciting other books I am reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment