November 30, 2010

Back to the Future 2

Part Deux!

Hokay. So, good movie! Marty McFly yo! I am tiring of my entries because by mistake I left them all for the last minute again. Also, I decided to reread a few Harry Potters in preparation for the movie, so I didn’t get a lot of logging done. Ooops!

Anyways I liked this movie. It was in the future! 2013 I believe. And guess what?!?! We have flying cars. Prepare yourself, because in three years, society is going to be utterly awesome. Complete with self adjusting jackets: one size fits all!

Marty and Doc travel forward in time to save Marty’s future. Apparently he becomes a bum with trouble maker kids. The plan goes off without a hitch. EXCEPT! Biff sees Marty! And remember the time traveling machine! Uh oh. Biff steals Marty’s plan and takes a sports almanac back to the past and becomes a super millionaire. He destroys the town, kills Marty’s dad, and marries Marty’s mom. What a disaster!

This is where things got confusing to me. Somehow, they go back in time, to the original Back to the Future movie, where other Marty is trying to get his parents to meet. They try to steal the almanac back from Biff and there are all sorts of funny things going on at the same time.

I half fell asleep and woke up confused. But I’m excited for part three! Huzzah!

I kind of ran out of steam for this entry. WHY DO I SAVE THEM ALL?!

1 comment:

  1. You apparently missed the segment of the film that laid out some very standard ground rules for time travel in contemporary fiction. Allow me to try to explain.

    2015 (not 2013) Biff, the old man, went back to 1955 to give young Biff the sports almanac and make him a millionaire. So when Marty returned to 1985 he was actually going to an alternate 1985 in which, yeah, Biff is his evil millionaire stepdad. Doc explains to Marty that they need to stop 2015 Biff from giving 1955 Biff the almanac, but the only time they can do this is in 1955 because 2015 is now alternate 2015. (The almanac exchange has changed the course of time from 1955 onwards.)

    Now, this opens up a hole can of loopholes and contradictions (If "real" 2015 never happens, then where does Biff get the almanac to give his 1955 self?) but so does any movie that deals with time travel. Besides, it's an all-ages entertaining movie, so who gives a shit if the science doesn't really line up? (Apparently me - search the blog for my posts on these movies and check out how anal I was.) Anyway, I'm glad you liked it. The third movie is more or less a Western from start to finish, and although I've come to appreciate it since then, it doesn't quite compare to the first two. But enjoy it anyway!

    ReplyDelete