October 1, 2018

Explained: Season 1


And here, in the latest installment of "what even is TV anymore?" we have Explained, a twenty-ish-minute weekly Netflix series about any number of things. (Is it made by Vox? Oh baby, you know it's made by Vox!)

A lot of these episodes were informative and interesting deeper looks into subject areas I knew only superficially about. At worst, these were no worse than boring middle segments of Last Week Tonight and at best they were that perfect blend of easily digestible and helpfully informative. Like I really can't say I needed to know more about K-Pop, and I really can't say I learned anything new about he gender wage gap, but I don't feel like the episodes on those respective topics were wastes of my time as much as enjoyable little informational videos. What's not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment