February 22, 2018

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Season 3


Oh fuck, right, I also finished up this season. So many seasons ending lately!

The second season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was excellent; the first was a bit shakier, and here in the third it just felt like it lost... something. Easily the darkest season yet, dealing directly and repeatedly with the idea of actual mental illness and how to live with it and cope with it. Except, I'm really not sure how deftly it handled those tpics. And furthermore, a lot of the characters just felt completely and totally adrift this season.

Rachel Bloom is incredibly talented, and while by no means am I hoping this show gets canceled or anything, I think a fourth season would make for a great final season, if you catch my drift. Plus then Bloom could go ahead and make the next big Broadway sensation. Win-win, right? But yeah - here's hoping for that fourth season at all, come to think of it, as this has yet to be renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment