June 30, 2015

Kirby's Dream Land 2


1. This 1995 title took every aspect of gameplay from the first game and added to it. Instead of five worlds, there were seven. Instead of a linear progression through levels, there's an overworld map. Kirby now has his trademark ability to swallow certain enemies in order to gain temporary powers. There are even three animal friends Kirby can ride around as if this was Donkey Kong Country or something.

2. For me, more was less. I'm not sure why, but I had a strong preference for the original Kirby's Dream Land game compared to this follow-up.

3. There's really not much more to say. Objectively, this is a bigger and better game than Dream Land, but my subjective preference doesn't seem to care. I guess you can't trump originality, maybe?

4. Huh.

5. I also guess this five-point format has some limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment