March 18, 2019

Crashing: Season 3


I think I've said here before, of Crashing, that it's a show I could so easily give up watching. It's funny enough, sure, but the entire half-hour comedy exists to tell the story of a nice guy, a good guy, cutting his teeth and earning his lumps as he tries to make it in the world of standup comedy. I mean, no one needs another comedy about comedy, right? Particularly about a middle-aged white guy doing comedy?

And yet! Even though it'd be so, so easy to stop watching... it's also the exact type of show it's so utterly easy to watch. I think I watched the eight episodes of Season 3 in three nights a few weeks apart each. It's perfect DVR fodder in that regard. "Ah, what's Pete up to this week? How's that new relationship going? What new comics is he going to run into tonight?"

It's just such an easy and pleasant watch. I think I'll keep going!

And, yeah, on that note, I just saw that the show's been canceled by HBO and that the season finale - which I didn't even know was the season finale when I saw it - will be the series finale. Gah! Now I miss this show. Funny how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment