October 26, 2016

The Dresden Files: Turn Coat (Book #11)


I'm closing in on being all caught up with the series, thus far. Book #11 out of #15. Let's get to it.

As Sweeney is currently slogging through the escapades of Chicago's favorite wizard-detective, I spare on the nitty-gritty details of the plot. 

In essence, this is a story where Dresden's rival -- a man he's butted heads with continuously since book #1 -- arrives at his doorstep, near dead, and supposedly framed for a heinous crime he didn't commit. Needless to say, both allies and foes are after this dude and Dresden is unfortunately positioned as the only person who can clear his name and save him.

This book was a lot of fun to read -- much like the others that came before it. I'm not exactly sure how it would rank amongst the ten other books in the series I've read so far, but it's definitely sitting near the top of the list. Just not the the top. I'm taking another break from the series before diving into book #12 Changes -- the book many fans seem to rank as their all-time favorite novel of the series (standing along side Grave Peril and Dead Beat). Perhaps I'll get to this guy before 2016 closes, perhaps not. One thing is for sure, I want to be in a fresh state of mind to really enjoy the next chapter in Dresden's story before embarking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment